Sunday, March 1, 2009

American Politics and the Apocalypse

Ok, so I dabble in politics a bit. I like to know what's going on. Gives me a piece of mind. Anyway, I just ran across this interesting bit of political commentary from Rachel Maddow of MSNBC on the topic of the religious end times book series Left Behind. Now I'm no believer in God (I mean what god would allow a rotting stinking corpse such as myself to walk around feasting on human flesh?). I also find the Book of Revelation, although fascinating, a bit over the top and...uh...supernatural-y. I have this strange suspicion that the people who read these Left Behind books are these uber-conservative Christian types who basically belong in a cult:



Interesting, eh?

On a different political front, President Obama recently gave an address to Congress about the new stimulus bill that is supposed to fix the economy and some infrastructure stuff. In response, Republican governor of Louisiana Bobby Jindal, thinks the part in the stimulus bill about "volcano monitering" is a waste of tax payers money and wants it out of the bill all together. I wonder if he thinks hurricanes are any different from volcanos. Don't volcanoes cause major destruction too? Couldn't a "super" volcano really fuck some things up for the human race? Heres an update on a volcano in Alaska: It's ready to burst.

No comments:

Post a Comment