Friday, February 13, 2009

Film Review: Teeth

Film: Teeth
Director: Mitchell Lichtenstein
Teeth is a film about a strictly abstinent teenage girl, Jess, who finds out through terrible circumstances that she has the mythical mutation known throughout primitave cultures as "Vagina Dentata", or better known as, "sharp ass teeth in her va-j-j".

I don't know that I'd technically call this "horror" or not. I could definately understand how men could see this film as horrific and I'm sure some women would also find it a bit scary. As a male, this movie made me cringe the first time a penis was chomped off. However, all of the men who come in contact with Jess' mutation certainly deserved it. As a matter of fact, most of the men in this movie, save Jess' step-dad, are major a-holes. Jess quickly becomes a hero. Especially, after she learns to harness her new found ability. Geez, what is this...XXX-men?

The most disturbing part to me was the whole beginning of the movie. The display of strict abstinence here was over the top. People denying themselves their own sexuality to such a degree really creeps me out almost more so than penis chomping.

All in all, this was a fun movie. To the dudes out there reading this...just try not to think about this movie while having sex. This one gets 4 blood drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment